Waiting is Trusting - 3/9/08

Let's look at TRUST.

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord! Psalms 27:14 NJKV

Days can be crazy, as I found out today. Everything had been going quite well I thought, until suddenly I hit some road blocks.

At this point I realized something. I was trusting in my own strength rather than the Lord's, and when chaos occurred, my strength fell apart. As soon as I began to trust Him however, instead of my own fallible self, my world stopped spinning around allowing things to get back on track.

Everyone has been in this situation at one point or another. We humans always tend to go OUR way, our will instead of God's. (And yet who created who?) He knows the plan for our life (as we talked about in an earlier Daily Bread). All we need to do is TRUST Him, even when it seems so hard; even when it seems we can be superhuman and only need to trust ourselves... Actually, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't ever need Him...

I was reading in my devotional this morning, and was struck by the word WAIT, and was intrigued to understand it to mean TRUST. When we wait in the Lord, we are patiently trusting Him. Now plug in TRUST for WAIT:

Trust on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; trust, I say, in the Lord!

You see? He will give us the strength to go on in this crazy life we lead! All we need to do, is trust in Him.

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope. Psalms 130:5

Whitney