In Remembrance - 3/2/08

Hello today!

...and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 1 Corinthians 11:24-25, (Also Luke 22:19)

Today we had Communion at our Church. Communion is a time to REMEMBER that Jesus laid down His life for our sins, willingly given. The trays hold only crackers and some grape juice, but they are there to symbolize His flesh and blood given at His death; we were so undeserving, yet because He loves us so much He did it anyway. God could have left us to be consumed by our sins. But He is an awesome and loving God! After He sent the flood over the earth He made the promise to never do that again. Therefore He would never leave us to the flood of sin. He is our hope and our salvation.

"For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." Hebrews 8:12

So I pray we will never forget that He was beaten and crucified on a cross for us. I pray we will take the time to REMEMBER what He did for us. What a price He paid on our behalf....

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead... 2 Timothy 2:8

...to the One who remembered us in our low estate. His love endures forever. Psalms 136:23

You gave up your life,
Showing no greater love--
Came to earth as a man,
Descended from Heaven above.

You paid for our sins
--Which you willingly gave--
An amazing act of love
That was more than just brave.

So I fervently pray
That I will never forget,
Knowing I could never repay
Back that incredible debt.

I will remember when I
Partake of the bread and wine,
It will mean more to me now
Than just gazing at the sign.

"In remembrance of me"
Into the wood is engraved
Now I fully understand--
Because of You, I've been saved.*


Will you Remember?
-Whitney