Our Will vs. God's Will - 2/29/08

Today let's look at what happens when Our Will conflicts with God's Will. How many times have you thought you had everything in your life planned out, only to have something go wrong? This happens quite often. Know why?

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way? Proverbs 20:24

As we can see here, when we plan things, they hardly ever work out the way we plan them to. Look at it this way: God created us, but more than this, He knew us before we were even conceived in the womb! "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;" Jeremiah 1:5a. In other words, He had a plan for our lives before we are even born. (Eph. 2:10) We can see Jeremiah's situation for example. Jeremiah wasn't feeling so good about the position God had placed him in. This He said to Jeremiah; "Hey, I set you to be a prophet, so that's what I want you to do, so no sense in bothering to fight about it!"

"...I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child." But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD. Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant." Jeremiah 1:6-10

So the next time you think you ought to be doing something, pray beforehand to find out if that truly is a part of His plan for you. Never fight; if you feel like you are fighting something, let go, and allow the peace of God's will to take over your own. As a result, you will feel an inner peace and joy, knowing God has you by the hand, to guide you in His plan for your life. Don't guess; PRAY. Once you have done that, TRUST Him to lead you right. He knows what He is doing way more than we do. We really don't have a clue at all about anything.

We often times get in the habit of going our own way. More often we get in situations where we feel very much alone. This is where you need to know that you are never alone. God is always there, ready when you are ready to let go of your struggles.

So stop fighting. Let go of "My Will vs. God's Will," and change it to "My Will is God's Will."

Letting go,
Whitney