Do You Know Jesus?

I hope that we can use this passage to challenge ourselves and really reflect upon our individual walks with Jesus Christ.

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' (Matthew 7:21-23 ESV)

So let me ask you, do you know Jesus? Please stop to think and pray about this for a moment, if you would. We may have religion, we may have done mighty works in the name of the Lord, and we may have devoted hours upon hours in ministry to others; but unless we know Jesus, really know Him, it is all for naught. Our elegantly spun and inspirational words will fall off our listeners' hearts as the melting snow slides down our awnings, and our own salvation will be, well, nonexistent! We must always remember that there is One Source for salvation, and One Source for true change, both in our own hearts and the hearts of those around us. But oh, the power and might that comes from this Source is awe-inspiring and amazing!

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. (John 15:4-6 ESV)

So, let me ask you: Do you know Jesus? Are you abiding in the Vine?

Blessings,
Andrew