Boast in the Lord - 1/24/08

Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD." (Jeremiah 9:23-24 ESV)

So let us be bold in proclaiming the steadfast love, justice, and righteousness of the Lord! Looking toward the cross and beholding such a great, selfless act of love from the King of Glory Himself, how could we help but be filled to the brim with pride in His greatness? And to compliment this,

On behalf of this man [Jesus] I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses. (2 Corinthians 12:5 ESV)

I will boast in my weaknesses: that I am selfish, that I am inconsiderate, that I am rash; but I do this so that in my weaknesses, Christ may be glorified as He takes my sinful heart and transforms it into something wonderful. Let us boast in our God who has the power, and the desire, to change hearts and lives!

Blessings,
Andrew