"Who's Your Daddy?" 5-12-08

Hello everyone! Today I'd like to challenge you all with something. Some of you may already be at this point in your relationship with the Lord; others of you may not, but wherever you find yourself, I hope you'll join with me in visiting this fun little topic.

Have you ever heard those sermons on "The Names of The LORD" before? I'm sure most of you have; and they are very fascinating indeed. But today, I'd like to remind you all what a blessing we have in God. I'm sure you've heard before that God is not only our Lord and Master, but that He is our Father; but I'd like to ask, have you really let this truth sink in? Really take time to consider this one little statement:

God is my dad.

Give this a second to sink in. When we take away all the Christianized terminology, we are left with that one simple, little statement.

But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, Is God in His holy habitation.
(Psalms 68:5 NKJV)

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! (Matthew 7:11 NKJV)

Blessings,
Andrew